Saturday, April 9, 2011

An Encouraging Word to Mommy Bloggers

I recently shared this with a fellow blogger as a guest post to encourage her when her youngest was sick and needed much of her attention. I wanted to share it with my readers here who may face this or a similar situation.

Blogging, as fun and exciting as it can be, can become a burden for a mom blogger with a little one in need of her attention.  I have a dear blogging buddy who is feeling that pressure just now with a sick little one, and an old
poem came to mind while I was thinking of her dilemma and I wondered if I could re-write a portion of it for blogging moms of today who feel the pressure of the moment both at her blog and in her arms.

So for all of you blogging mommies out there, maybe this will be just a moment of encouragement from one older mom who says, it's okay, the blog will be there when you can get back to it--your readers will understand.  Take a moment to rock the baby, read a book or run in the park--the memories and impact of a day with your children will carry you and them thru many days to come.  And in the long run, it will help you produce a better blog. ~ Cheryl

                                      The blogging and posting

                                       will wait till tomorrow,

for babies grow up,

as I've learned to my sorrow.

So quiet down, comments,

mouse, go to sleep.

I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.


The original poem from years past,  in its entirety:


BABIES DON'T KEEP

Mother, oh Mother,

come shake out your cloth,

empty the dustpan,

poison the moth,

hang out the washing

and butter the bread,

sew on a button and make up a bed.

Where is the mother whose house

is so shocking?

She's up in the nursery,

blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown shiftless as Little

Boy Blue (lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

Dishes are waiting and bills are past due

(pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).

The shopping's not done

and there's nothing for stew

and out in the yard there's a hullabaloo

but I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.

Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue?

(lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

The cleaning and scrubbing

will wait till tomorrow,

for Children grow up,

as I've learned to my sorrow.

So quiet down, cobwebs.

Dust go to sleep.

I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep......

~Author Unknown ~

2 comments:

J Rodney said...

As a mom blogger the encouragement is much appreciated Cheryl!

Anonymous said...

I can not imagine having little little ones right now. My youngest is 9 and I can't keep up some days.

They are older and understand. I do need to organize my days better, tho. For my family and my blogs.