readers. Actions include, but are not limited to:
- making a purchase
- printing a coupon
- signing up for emails
- entering a contest
- signing up for a service
Affiliates earn from a few pennies to a lot of dollars for each required action depending on the companies payout. Most affiliate programs pay bloggers once a month when a minimum amount has been earned--most often $100, but many times less than that. Affiliate networks are nice because you can be running a half dozen offers that you may earn just several dollars a month on each, but combined can make up enough for a payout.
Each company has their own rules for how an affiliate blogger can use the advertising, from posting about the deal, adding banners to their homepage, tweeting or putting on Facebook. Be sure to read all requirements and rules carefully. There were problems recently with some bloggers being accused of misuse by one company because they used the name of the company in the title of their post and when they tweeted it or put it on Facebook the name was in the title which was not allowed. It also shows up in the URL of the post which is often not allowed--so be aware of all requirements.
Many bloggers blog exclusively about affiliate deals. I rarely post at Simply CVS about them because they do not fit into my niche of posts, but there are a few I can include and when I do they do much better than when I just put them in a sidebar as a banner. It is a good idea to look around the blogging world and see how people are incorporating affiliate programs in their posts if you are interested in doing this--once you find a company you like with an affiliate program Google it to find posts by bloggers to get ideas. Here are a few posts I have done:
- We Use Coupons Couponing Community
- Printing Coupons
- Buying Coupons
- Upromise: Saving for College by Shopping
- Escalate Network
- Categories: Coupons, Education, Surveys, Food & Grocery [but they have some travel ones and a few others that do not fit these categories they list]
- They currently have about 35 offers (you can see them after you sign up).
- Each offer pays differently.
- $3.50 referral bonus for sending other bloggers.
- Pay out at just $25!
- This is my favorite one--great customer service.
- My favorite from them: Coupons.com.
- Logical Media
- Categories: They have a several different categories with dozens of offers (you can see them after you sign up).
- Each campaign pays differently.
- They offer a 5% referral bonus and pay out at $100.
- My favorite from them: Swagbucks.
- Commission Junction
- Dozens of Categories with thousands of companies (you can see them after you sign up).
- Pays out at $100.
- This one you apply at Commission Junction and then you apply for each supplier.
- My favorite from them: Upromise.