Thursday, March 31, 2011

On A Personal Note

A Memory:  My Sister loved the sweet taste of
the Honeysuckle "syrup."
Shortly after arriving home from my weekly CVS trip on Monday I had a call from my oldest sister, an RN, saying she believes our middle sister will soon be gone. She was diagnosed about a year ago with tumors, but slow growing, non-invasive, non-cancerous type.  Apparently chemo for the symptoms caused liver failure.

We will be needing to take turns caring for her part time while her daughter is at work so I know I will not have the time on here as I usually do.  As to answering all comments and questions I will try to keep up.  It may be for just a few days or a few weeks, and as any of you who have experienced a family member dying you never know.  My father and step-father both were told 3 months, my father lasted 15, my step-father, only 3 weeks.  Hospice has been called in, so that gives us some idea.

I should be around for at least part of each day, but if you notice me missing in action, you will know why.  Thank you all for understanding.  ~ Cheryl

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

So sorry. Praying for you and your family.

Style, Decor & More said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Nobody's life is untouched by this terrible disease.

Lara said...

I will keep her and you in my prayers!

Michelle said...

So sorry to hear of your sister. Your family will be in my family's prayers.

Anonymous said...

Please accept our thoughts and prayers. Nothing can prepare you for something like this. Allow yourself time to heal and try to always remember the best things you experienced, no matter how small. My husband and I have recently lost several members of our immediate family and daily we need to be grateful for the good times.

Take Care.
Barbara J. Terry

Andria said...

Keeping you all in my prayers, Cheryl.