earlier, it is a good idea to have a Paypal account to receive payments.
- Banners in sidebar or footer
- Various Sizes (125 x 125 is the most common and often quoted in Media Kit (see below) and others are priced individually)
- Monthly rates or the norm and often discounts are offered for three months paid in advance.
- Text Links
- Sponsored Posts
Stats to Provide Customers
- Visitors per Day
- Pageviews per month
- Unique Visitors per month
- Google Page Rank (as of this date Google has not updated Page ranks in nearly a year so this may be a thing of the past)
- Alexa Ranking
- Subscribers (RSS feed and email)
- Facebook Followers
- Twitter Followers
Media Kit Which Includes the Following (good to have prepared when you are ready to sell advertising directly; send a copy in a PDF form via Email to inquiring advertisers)
- Description of Blog
- Introduction of Blog Author
- Stats Noted Above
- Advertising Rates
- Contact Information
Check out these links for an illustration of a blog media kit:
- Media Kit design service review (includes a picture of one).
- Media Kit Template (I have not used this, but thought it looked interesting).
Getting the Word Out
- Have a link or tab for "Advertising" on your blog.
- Make a button or just a paragraph introducing your blog as PR friendly and include contact information and place in your sidebar.
- Publish a page or post with some basic information on it and contact info.
- Contact companies directly.
- Contact blog owners that you see advertising on other blogs that you think your blog could generate traffic for.
Even very small blogs can offer advertising space directly, it just would be at a very reduced price. I had read a tip once to offer a month of free advertising to companies whose product or service would interest your readers and if enough traffic is generated they may become a regular advertiser. And that is part of the key, if you blog about photography selling advertising space to cookware companies may not be wise, offer what will be of interest and a help to your readers.