Amazon.com is one of my favorite online websites to shop at, so when I realized that there was a way for me
to incorporate Amazon.com into my blog earnings I was all for it. If you have a blogger blog, becoming an Amazon.com associate is extremely easy, and Amazon Associates - the amazon affiliate program is one of the most user friendly programs available to bloggers.
How To Become An Amazon Associate - The Amazon Affiliate Program
- Go to your monetize tab in blogger
- Click on the Amazon Associates tab
- Follow the steps to set up an Amazon Associates account
How To Use The Amazon Product Finder
1) highlight the product name in the text and click link, once you have found the product in the Amazon Associates product finder.
2) Click on the LINK tab, and it will paste a link with name into your blog post.
3) Add the image of the product by clicking the image tab in your Amazon Associates prodcut finder. or
4) Go through to Amazon.com while you are signed into your Amazon Associates account, and you will find the below link bar.
At the Amazon Associates link bar you can:
1) Create link to any page that you feel your readers would like to know about.
2) You can tailor the link to say anything you want it to.
3) Send a tweet about a product
4) Create a widget for your sidebar
5) Find Amazon banner ads
How to earn money as an Amazon Associate:
- When writing product or book reviews, link to the Amazon page, and use images from Amazon.com (use your Amazon Associates product finder)
- Share great bargains and sales with your readers, and create a link (on your Amazon Associates Bar) that will take your readers to the Amazon page.
|Writing a blog post, and linking to Amazon.com (Product Finder to the right)|
To show you an example of how I have integrated links to Amazon.com, in a post that was relevant to my personal blog Frugality Is Free, check out my Free Diapers at Amazon post.
Important: You are not allowed to make a purchase through your own Amazon account.
Amazon's policy: "You may not purchase products during sessions initiated through your own Associates links and will not receive referral fees for such orders. This includes orders for customers, orders on behalf of customers, and orders for products to be used by you, your friends, your relatives, or your associates in any manner."
How Do I Get Paid As An Amazon Associate
(You cannot get paid unless Amazon has your tax information on file)
- You can get paid via gift certificates (you will receive an email with an Amazon gift code) (Minimum payment $10 - no processing fee)
- You can request direct deposit (Minimum payment $10 - no processing fee)
- You can request a check (Minimum payment $100, and a $15 processing fee will be charged)
I participate in several programs, where I can choose to be paid in amazon gift cards. These include: