Monday, January 10, 2011

Welcome to Simply Blogging

Welcome to Simply Blogging.  I will be building this new blog as I give instructions to those who want to start a blog and don't know where to begin.  I will be using Blogger to host this blog, and thus I will be sharing detailed instructions for starting a blog on that host as it is my understanding it is the easiest to navigate and use and is also hosted free.  You may want to choose to research and find another host for your blog and if so, several of the first lessons will be irrelevant to your blog.  But as the lessons progress they will be almost all universal for all blog platforms.

I plan to post once a day, five days a week.  Each post will have a lesson that will take readers 30 to 45 minutes to complete.  I am aiming for 30 minutes, but I can't guarantee it will only take you 30 minutes.  I will begin with Simply Blogging 101: The Basics and move on to Simply Blogging 201:  Entering the Blogging Community,  Simply Blogging 301:  Monetizing a Blog and finally Simply Blogging 401:  Blog Promoting and Beyond.

I am by no means an expert, but I can share what I have learned thru my own experience blogging through my research and much trial and error; and I can hopefully help others set up and run their blog with a lot less time and aggravation than I went through.

So if you are finding this blog in it's infancy you will see it grow and develop right along with your own.  If you are just starting a blog I'd love for you to leave a comment below letting me know you are using these lessons at Simply Blogging to set up your new blog.  And if you'd like to see my other blog you can view it at Simply CVS.  As the "Simply" names imply, my blogs will be simple in presentation and lessons as well as in navigation and design.  Your blog can be as complex and wonderfully designed as you have the skills, money or time in which to do it.

Happy Blogging!

Steve & Cheryl

2 comments:

LaurAnn said...

Hi! I'm new to blogging (over the past month) I definitely have some kinks to work out! I'm looking forward to starting with this post and working my way through your threads to learn how to better present my blog to others! Thanks for your help!!

www.makingmoneyduringnaptime.com

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

How great, LaurAnn, hopefully I can keep enough ahead of you for you to have plenty to do :-). I'm off to look over your site.